Sunday, January 28, 2007

Salsa dancing and late nights

On friday night Abbie, Adam, James, Indya and myself went to our favorite spot, the Empire, and went Salsa dancing for the first time. The evening started out with a quick lesson (which I had to sit out because James wasn't quite ready to get on the dance floor without at least one drink in him). Then the floor was opened up to general dancing. It was so much fun. As you might expect there weren't enough guys to go around, but I did dance with both Adam and James (not to mention Abbie and INdya) which was great. But I have to say that my favorite partner of the night was a guy whoes name I never caught. Piret, a girl who comes to CFC who worked with me on Panto was there. She's a dance teacher and had a bunch of her dance teacher friends with her. I said hey, and we chatted a bit and I told her how much fun it was to watch her dance so well with her partner. That was all she had to hear and she went straight over to him and told him that I wanted a dance with him. He led me out onto the floor and I had the time of my life. Even though I had never done it before because he was such a good leader it seemed so effortless to actually dance well. We were spinning and moving all over the place. I was dissapointed when the song ended but I did grab him one more time right before we left. Any boys who are reading this take note: guys who can dance well and are strong leaders are very VERY sexy. And you have the pick of pretty much any girl in the room. Learn how to dance. You want to sweep a girl off her feet, I tell you that is a good way to do it. Now Piret is offering us interns free latin dance lessons. Our first one is on monday. I'm so stoked. I even bought a new jacket and skirt for the night, and if you'll refer to the pictures, yes those are heels I'm wearing. We didn't actually get any shots of us at the Empire, those are all of us at home afterwards. We stayed up until 4:30am that night eating and talking. It was so good.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Stanton! you sexy thing you!!
I love to see you in a skirt and heels!! It looks so good on you! This whole dancing thing is bringing out a whole different side of my favorite Pod Partner! WOWZA!!! you hot thing you!
Love it leigh love it!
keep updating me on your lovely times and all the lovely things you are doing. Thinking about you tons!

Jenni

7:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home