Saturday, December 23, 2006

My arms are going to fall off...oh ya, and Merry Christmas!

I just carried Gill (Nathans gold fish) from his house to my house. I'm baby sitting while everyone from his house is over seas. Nathans plan was to put a bunch of food in the bowl and hope for the best, but I offered to look after the little guy. Now 5 blocks may not seem like a long way but when you're carrying a fish, its GLASS bowl that is full of water and rocks, and it's 12am and you're tired then it can be quite the task. The whole time I was worried that some ruffians (and by that I mean 10 year old kids) would come and push me over and kill Gill, but luckily it turned out to be uneventful and I made it home safe and sound.
So tomorrow is Christmas eve and to make up for years of not going to Christmas eve services at home my punishment is to go to 3 tomorrow. 2 in the morning where the kids are going to be singing song for the adults then a really short message is preached. The third is at night and it's a traditional carol service. I have to say though, I do like how the Irish do Christmas services. After each one free mulled wine is given out. Usually one glass of wine wont affect me, but two that early in the morning - you never know. In between services we're all going to Janene and Chris' house for more drinking and eating. Christmas morning Abbie, Joey, and myself are opening presents together and having breakfast. I have to say that I love our tree. It's only 4 feet tall and we dont have any ornaments so we tied thread to anything in the room and hung it on the tree. My personal favourite is a Magners label I tore off my beer. At 10am there is another service which we may or may not go to, then it's off to Joeys host family for dinner. Boxing day I'll be at the children’s pastors house for lunch then another house party. After that I have no plans until new years eve when I think I’m going to a Bluetree concert then James gets home on the 1st so we're having a party at my house, then we go on retreat on the 3rd. And that's pretty much it.
Those are my Christmas plans. I hope you have a great holiday season. Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home