Monday, November 27, 2006

I can't keep my eyes off of you...no, I seriously can't. It's distracting during worship.

Well I cooked my first ever thanksgiving meal the other day. It went surprisingly well. Everything tasted pretty good and no one got food poisoning, so all in all I count it a success. Nine of us including myself dined on turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, peas, corn, carrots, stuffing (thanks Mom), butternut squash soup, cranberry sauce, and dessert. We had 4 courses in total (Does beer count as a course?). When we were done we played a game similar to Cranium that Joey taught us. It was so funny. I had a lot of help from Adam and Bronwen especially and it was really good fun. The house was a disaster afterwards and Abbie and I just finished cleaning. I know the timing is a bit strange as thanksgiving was over a month and a half ago, but we didn't have enough time to do Canadian thanksgiving, so we did American, and a few days late at that because we have had a busy week and that was the only available day. But the Irish and the one Aussie enjoyed their first thanksgiving ever and I didn't hear too much "that's not how Mom used to do it" from the North Americans. Now I have to do something even more amazing for friends Christmas dinner.



2 Comments:

Blogger Adventures in the Kingdom said...

I like the way the rearranged furniture looks.

11:02 AM

 
Blogger Jenni said...

hey Leigh,
I am glad that you had a nice visit with your mommy. I am also glad to hear that you had a nice thanksgiving with friends and stuff. Miss you here in calgary. Funny how i feel like i know you more since bmo even though you are so far away. I go to you blog everyday(fyi) just to see if there is another update....love to hear your stories and stuff.

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home