Friday, December 08, 2006

God has green eyes


The other day in classes we had a lecture on the spiritual discipline of prayer. Precilla Reid spoke. She talked about how living a life of prayer isn't just about closing yourself off in your room for hours at a time every day, because who really has the time to do that? And if you do then that's great and keep it up. But I think for most of us laying aside an hour a week for prayer can be hard enough. Living a life of prayer is more about just communicating with God throughout your day. Paul (or Peter, I can't remember) called it praying continually. It's like having your best friend around all the time. She gave this example. She was driving in the car alone one day and she was praying for someone about something serious. As she drove she saw a massive rainbow stretch across the sky and she interrupted her prayer to point it out to God and to thank him for it. She quoted this guy who said "I never pray for longer than 5 minutes, but I never go for longer than 5 minutes without praying." Isn't that fantastic! Think about it - if you're in that much contact with God throughout your day how much faster will you hear his voice? How much more will you be lead by the Spirit? How much easier will it be to avoid those temptaions and traps that ensare all of us?

Everytime I hear this song I think of God. I sing it to him. So the next time I heard it I pointed it out to him and let him know what it means to me.

GREEN EYES - Coldplay
Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I come here to talk
I hope you understand

That green eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you
And how could, anybody, deny you

I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter, now I’ve met you
And honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes

Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know

That green eyes, you’re the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who, tried to deny you must be out of their mind

Cause I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter, since I met you
Honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes
Green eyes

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

hey leigh,
i totally feel the same way about that song. NEAT!
god Bless you and have a wonderful week!!!

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

Hi Leigh
This is your cousin Natalie. I stumbled upon your blog when your Mom sent us the pictures of her trip with you.
I just read your blog titled "God Has Green Eyes".....very beautfiul Leigh! You have been touched by God and I am so proud of you!
It gave me great comfort to read that other people pray to God all throughout the day - because I do the same thing too!
May God Bless You and Guide You Through Your Beautiful Journey!
Love Natalie

4:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home