Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Things I miss about Canada


1) Dryer Sheets
2) Tumble dryers to go with the dryer sheets
3) Reese Peanutbutter Cups
4) Hot water from the tap
5) LOST
6) A freezer
7) The rockies
8) Hockey
(Please dont be offended that your name was not on this list. I decided to keep it to none living items)

Thats pretty much it. And evern those things I dont miss too much but if I could have them while I'm here it would be cool.

The reason I'm thinking about this stuff is because Beth Wheale just visited me for the weekend. It was pretty cool to be able to sit on a park bench in Belfast with a friend from back home. It's great to have her so close and I'm hoping to get over to Scotland to see her before my time here is up.

I'm on term break right now so I dont have any classes today and most activities at the church are cancled this week so for the most part I'm just hanging out. But I do have a few dinner dates and a girl from church is going to take me up north for the day. Then on monday we are going on our second retreat, this time to the interior where we'll be in the middle of no where surrounded by a forest and have at least one full day of silence (I think). So i'll let you know how that goes.
My neighbours dont like me already (which seems to be a trend for me). She came over and yelled at me because she thinks we were too loud. If we were then I truly appologize and will try to keep it down in the future, but we were just sitting there watching tv, and at a very reasonable volume might I add. She also made the comment that she thinks too many boys come over, so I think the real problem is that she is jealous that we have so many strapping young lads come visit us and she isnt invited.
Hmmm...what else has been going on? I bought some track pants to play football in. The kids I play with are so flipping good. And I havent really played in some time so I'm really bad right now. But its good fun and its pretty much the only excersize I get besides walking. I'm all sweaty and gross when I'm done and it feels so brilliant.
Everyone have a good week and I'll send some retreat pictures as soon as I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Hot water from the tap?? they don't have hot water at all?
what!!!!
so scarey!!!
maybe i will send a care package with peanut butter cups init for you!!!
keep having fun!

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Jenni said...

hey leigh come check out my blog and see some wedding pictures!
ciao bella!

jenni


http://jenjamine.blogspot.com/

3:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home