Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Little children slobber everywhere

So I'm working in MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers...I think) every second tuesday from 9am-11:15am. I've only done it once, and it went pretty well, although it does make for a long day since I have class from 11:30am-8pm on tuesdays as well. The kids are really cute though. They are all from about 12-18mths old. They do sry and scream tonnes though cause they're going through that 'You're not my Mom, so I hate the sight of you' phase. There is this one wee girl called Charlotte who looks exactly like a Cabbage Patch doll. But she cried the entire time. There is this kid called Finlay who was attached to me the entire time. He just walked up to me while I was sitting on the floor and put his arms out and jumped onto me and didn't let go the entire time. He is definatly my favorite. And I don't care if you're not supposed to have favorites with kids, I do and he's it.
On sunday James and I were in with the P1-P7 (which is like elementary) sunday school kids. We helped lead worship to a Hillsong kids DVD so it was all action songs, which you all know I am totally into. James on the other hand not so much. I felt bad for the guy. He said he's only been embarassed three times in his life and that was at the top of the list. The worship interns have to rotate through kids worship with me and they are so excited! But it is kinda cool that they would like the boys to lead live worship sometimes and I would love to be a part of that.
After church on sunday we went to Paul Reids house for lunch. He made the best lamb hamburgers I have ever had in my life. It was really nice to get to spend some time with our pastor and get to know him a bit more. Good craic!
Last friday the church held worship watch at the end of the week of prayer which is just worship from 8pm-12am. We wern't there the entire time, but it was so wonderful to just get to sit under that Spirit of worship for so long. I really enjoyed it and they do it every month.
Right now Adam is trying to get organized an intern trip to Prauge on one of our breaks. We can fly there for about £74 and once there its pretty cheap to live I understand. So that should be good.
Today I'm supposed to be painting walls so I should probably get back at it. So hey, thanks for taking the time to read this and have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home